Who are we
With a manufacturing plant along New Zealand’s Western Bay of Plenty, Addiction Pet Foods is now the biggest and most technologically-advanced dry pet food plant in New Zealand, producing highly sought-after ultra-premium pet food in the market today. We carry award-winning pet food brands like Addiction, Awesome Pawsome, and Wishbone. We now operate globally in close to 15 countries, including USA, Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, and New Zealand.
By “going to the ends of the earth for pets”, we have achieved exceptional growth and have amassed a passionate following of pet owners around the world. In the same way, we aim to go further for your career by providing exciting opportunities for growth and development both in New Zealand and internationally.
Why work with us
Addiction Pet Foods is a place to grow and spread your wings. The work environment is highly dynamic, keeping pace with the ever-changing demands of the pet food industry.
- High Growth. Because the industry is so vibrant and fast-paced, you will be exposed to many opportunities to prove your mettle. Resiliency and flexibility are encouraged as you work your way through these challenges. This prepares you to stretch and grow and explore various career paths within the company.
- Multi-cultural. You get the opportunity to work in different countries, with different people [link removed] and different cultures, giving you a truly global experience and exposure. You will be given global tasks that you can proudly say are global in nature as you have interacted with different teams from our global network of offices.
- Training and Development. Individual coaching sessions, trainings, and learning summits are in place so you learn and grow at the same time. Learning programs are arranged by our Team Learning and Development as you grow in your role, equipping you with the knowledge to further your career in the company.
Skills/ Knowledge Required
- Safety focused
- Industrial electrical installations
- Troubleshooting, service and repairs of manufacturing plant equipment faults e.g. motors
- Understanding of MCC, PLC, VSD systems.
- Experience with electrical drawings e.g. single-line diagrams
Personality Attributes Required
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure
- Ability to manage a varied workload
- Organised and logical approach to task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Positive Attitude
Description of Work
- Evaluate, make recommendations, provide guidance and perform required electrical works as directed. This will be mostly project specific but may require other non-project work support.
- Electrical Projects which include specific electrical works as required for the design, installation, and commissioning of plant and equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repair of electrical components and equipment as required.
- Some project specific electrical cabinet builds and installation complete or part.
- Provide additional support for the physical electrical installation of equipment with external contracting companies as required.
- Look for efficiencies and ways to continuously improve our ways of operating by Identifying and implementing enhancements to electrical systems and control systems
- Provide expert electrical advice and support the maintenance team and the broader site for other works and installations.
- Assisting to identify, document and implement improvements to project work methods/ procedures and to plant and equipment to improve machine availability, quality and safety.
- Lead and work collaboratively with the response team, ensuring staff are trained in all systems;
Qualifications/ Experience Required
- Proven 3+ years experience in industrial electrical maintenance, preferably in food and pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Experienced in fault finding, servicing, maintenance and repairs of manufacturing plant and machinery
- Installation of projects
- Maintaining health & safety standards
- Strong working knowledge of electrical design for industrial plant including, wiring, schedules, concept layouts and motor control schematics and electrical/mechanical/pneumatics drawings
- Completing required paperwork in a timely manner
- A current NZ EWRB electrical practicing license is essential;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Experience in industrial or heavy commercial electrical maintenance is ideal
- Experience in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) procedures and requirements
- Ability to work efficiently and autonomously as well as in a team environment
Related Jobs (5)
Project Construction Manager-Te Puke, Bay of Plenty on November 3, 2021 Full Time