The Project Construction Manager is responsible for managing various types of engineering projects to ensure that they are delivered within agreed scope, time and budget. Engineering Projects includes installing new plant equipment into production lines to increase safety, capability, capacity, and quality.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the activities of project construction site and monitor the project under the direction of the Engineering Project Manager.
- Instruct and supervise construction personnel and activities onsite.
- Direct and coordinating the allocation of project resources.
- Respond to work delays and other problems and emergencies.
- Collaborate with engineers, typically structural, mechanical, electrical.
- Support the planning of projects and coordinate the design and construction processes.
- Assist with preparing and negotiating cost estimates, budgets, and project timetables.
- Interpret and explain contracts and technical information to the project team.
- Report on work progress and budget matters to Engineering Project Manager
- Select, hire, and instruct labourers and subcontractors in alignment with project schedule.
- Ensure jobs are completed on time and on budget.
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Ensure thorough commissioning of new equipment, which includes risk assessment of hazards, implementation of controls, and compliance to local regulations.
- Ensure new processes waste is minimized and outputs optimised.
- Monitoring and control of work progress and performance, adjusting processes and resources to keep goals on track.
- Lead or supporting new product ideas, ingredients, formulas, and processing.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to the team members and motivate them to provide good quality of work for project completion.
- Ensures health & safety standards for the project team.
- Provides status reports to the leadership team.
Qualifications and Key Skills
- Qualifications in engineering
- Food manufacturing experience
- Experience in fresh meat/ seafood products/ food products materials handling
- Skills in identifying and initiating improvement in the production process.
- Excellent communication skills