Who are we
With a manufacturing plant along New Zealand’s Western Bay of Plenty, Addiction Pet Foods is now the biggest and most technologically-advanced dry pet food plant in New Zealand, producing highly sought-after ultra-premium pet food in the market today. We carry award-winning pet food brands like Addiction, Awesome Pawsome, and Wishbone. We now operate globally in close to 15 countries, including USA, Australia, China, Japan, Singapore, and New Zealand.
By “going to the ends of the earth for pets”, we have achieved exceptional growth and have amassed a passionate following of pet owners around the world. In the same way, we aim to go further for your career by providing exciting opportunities for growth and development both in New Zealand and internationally.
Why work with us
Addiction Pet Foods is a place to grow and spread your wings. The work environment is highly dynamic, keeping pace with the ever-changing demands of the pet food industry.
- High Growth. Because the industry is so vibrant and fast-paced, you will be exposed to many opportunities to prove your mettle. Resiliency and flexibility are encouraged as you work your way through these challenges. This prepares you to stretch and grow and explore various career paths within the company.
- Multi-cultural. You get the opportunity to work in different countries, with different people [link removed] and different cultures, giving you a truly global experience and exposure. You will be given global tasks that you can proudly say are global in nature as you have interacted with different teams from our global network of offices.
- Training and Development. Individual coaching sessions, trainings, and learning summits are in place so you learn and grow at the same time. Learning programs are arranged by our Team Learning and Development as you grow in your role, equipping you with the knowledge to further your career in the company.
Basic Job Description:
Lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Includes experimental welders who analyze engineering drawings and specifications to plan welding operations where procedural information is unavailable.
Job Duties and Tasks for:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
- Conducts condition monitoring on all equipment.
- Reports to Production Maintenance Supervisor on abnormalities observed during operation.
- Focus on continuous improvement in production processes to lower costs and improve lead times
- Ensure LOTO conducted when any equipment needs to be maintained.
- Creative thinking to solve problems
– Must be a resident of New Zealand with valid work visa
-Must complete the Certificate III in Engineering – Fabrication Trade (MEM30305) and do your apprenticeship under the supervision of a qualified Welder.
With related experience in Production, Processing, Design, Mathematics, Mechanical work
Related Jobs (9)
Project Construction Manager-Te Puke, Bay of Plenty on November 3, 2021 Full Time